Friday, April 3, 2009

There's No Place Like Home..

In honor of General Conference that start tomorrow - I'm posting a picture I took outside of the Washington DC Temple back in February. It's the last time I've been able to make it up there because of work, but it sure was gorgeous and absolutely invigorating to be there.
The DC Temple really sparkled the evening I made it up there. It was late on a Saturday evening and the sun was just going down. The sun caught all of the little flecks in the rock that makes up the structure and you can see it shining from the beltway.

I LOVE the temple. I love the peace that I feel when I'm there and the spiritual boost that I feel as I leave. It lasts for quite a while and really recharges the batteries. I love that every temple around the world is exactly the same - it's my home away from home. When I can't be with my family and I am in a new place - the temple is where I find the peace of mind to not be homesick and to push forward. Now to find some time to make it a part of my regular schedule again...

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)