Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Quadruple Mocktail Birthday...

My birthday was in February - I was too busy to celebrate so Mel and I were going to celebrate together at the end of March. Her birthday was in the middle of March, but she was home in California for Spring Break - by the time she got back I was still underwater for work. By the time I came back up for air it was Kari's birthday and General Conference and Easter were coming quickly. We looked at the calendar to find the next available weekend was the day after DeEtte's birthday. So, we combined all of the shin-digs into one giant party for all four of us.
In all reality, it was more an excuse to have a party and less about the birthdays. There were birthday like things - cupcakes with candles, but mostly mocktails and dancing with everyone in the area and a few out-of-towners.
And as everyone cleared out... that left the girls, a few straggling guys, and me to enjoy a little leftover ganache and take a breather on the couch. I think that's my favorite part of the evening - with the city lights in the background, music playing, and nobody around who will judge the fact that my rhythm is still a working concept. That and we learned the white chocolate ganache was particularly tasty on chopped fresh pineapple....
Wins on the night: Making white chocolate ganache for the first time to go with the white cupcakes with coconut, pulling a party off in 3 hours prep/thought process, time with the ladies...

Fails on the night: Getting propositioned to make out by an out-of-towner, Not taking pictures until the place started clearing out, and making such good ganache that we ate it the rest of the night to the point of sickness (SO much sugar)...

No comments: