Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I'm all about he cheezy holiday messages and even more so for legitimately using holidays to reflect and ponder on the important things in life. You all should know this from the semi-sentamental posts, lists, and pictures that I have posted over the various holidays over the last year.

Those are all wonderful, but this video is one of the best videos I have ever watched before. Watch it. Really - it is something that goes beyond you, me, or the trivial things in life. This is what it is ALL about.



Easter doesn't mean anything without the Atonement. Jesus Christ sunk below everything and bore our sins, our affirmities, our sickness, and our imperfections. His Atonement gives us hope to return to our Heavenly Father someday. The blessing of the Resurrection comes with the understanding that through the Atonement we can be perfect and live after thi life. The Atonement and the Resurrection go hand-in-hand and are all made possible through the great sacrifice in the life and death of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love my Savior and I am so grateful for His sacrifice and the perspective that is gained in understanding the Plan of Salvation.

Happy Easter! May we all remember our Savior today and remember that he gave everything so that, if we are worthy, we too may return to our Heavenly family.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I loved the video. I came to your blog via Happy to be at home. I just wanted to let you know that I'm hosting the weigh in Wednesday starting today. If you participate just leave me a comment. Once we have enough interested I'll post a mr linky.