Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Lebanese Evening...

Oh man! I had Lebanese food for the first time tonight and it was So-so-so-so good! I don't know how much I can emphasize just how good this food was. It's more expensive than I normally spend on dinner, even to go out. Normally I wouldn't post this on the blog or find a dinner noteworthy enough for a blog post, but it was great, fresh food - light and not too heavy, but very filling and substantial at the same time... Great flavors too!

I've become really cheap over the last couple years, but a business contact suggested this place for dinner tonight. He ordered so much food for appetizers and I was full by the main courses came. We got hommos, falafel, and shared a tabouleh or a fattoush salad (not sure which one it was), plus I had the Chicken Shawarma for a main course. We ended up chatting for a couple hours about politics, what we needed from him, and moving forward with the campaign. We both kept eating the great bread, the hummus and finishing off our main courses. I haven't eaten that much food in a long time, but it was all relatively light food - just a lot of it.

I'd highly recommend Lebanese Taverna to anyone. It's definitely more expensive than poor student food, but would be great to get hummus or appetizers and drinks with friends in the bar for a cheaper group or dinner on a nicer night. Either way - I highly recommend it.

No comments: