
Issues: It was fun to go down to the
Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Boston Common - it was more tricky finding the posse who went down as well and I got stuck behind some really obnoxious high school kids. They enjoyed putting their hands in front of my camera and laughing about it. I was their sole entertainment for the night and I was pissed about it. You all should be proud of me - I didn't aggressively approach them in any way. Instead I facebooked my frustration... The other confusing part was the conglomerate of Nova Scotians who were there waving Canadian and Nova Scotian flags. The province was apparently sponsoring the tree lighting? I was confused... Some kind of provincial government leader came down to officially gift the large Christmas tree they gave the city of Boston. They mentioned several times an explosion in 1917 when the Bostonians were the first to respond and help the province so now they give the city a giant Christmas tree every year. I'm still a little confused...
I did really enjoy Brian McKnight and his voice. I always have His sons even came out to sing with him which was great! They're young, but they inherited his voice.

The ice skating rink at the frog pond in the Common


This guy sang a song about Christmas in Boston - their equivalent of Christmas in the Northwest... he was hamming it up the entire time. He ate up the attention and had such a huge grin on his face.
Skip to 35 seconds in for the Chorus and the one guy in the crowd who knew the words yelling to him
Brian McKnight singing "I'll be Home for Christmas" - Mom and Dad this ones for you...


This son could sing well - but still a little rough around the edges...

But THIS son could sing... really well...
Brian McKnight - Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

Here's Mayor Menino

The managing partner of the Celtics brought out the Championship trophy
(still trying to figure out how this helps us celebrate or feel the spirit of Christmas)

The obligatory visit from Santa...

and then tree as it was all lit up...
No comments:
Post a Comment