I love meeting new people. I think that's why I have done so well with all of the moving over the past couple of years - even to the extent of enjoying the constant change and the new surroundings. I love heckling people and the cop out reason to not know everyone's name instantaneously. I mostly like that I don't have to use this cop out often and I tend to pick up names, faces, and background info quickly...
BUT there's something to be said for catching up with an old friend. It means so much more when you can laugh about inside jokes and just be yourself. You pull away the shields and the defense mechanisms to just be you. It means that you can say stupid things, talk about yourself (so selfish... I know), and ask the un-PC and personal questions that get to the core of an issue. I LOVE these conversations so much more than meeting new people. I think it's because I know how rare these friendships are and I'm constantly meeting new people... when you have these lasting and open friendships I appreciate them even more. I love laughing about past homes, remembering the good times, and becoming a part of your new life by experiencing it right along with you... I love that you are a part of my current life and I have someone by my side for these new experiences and new people... that's what makes the new conversations and experiences a lot less lonely...
Thank you to my posse that I caught up with today... and to all of you that I need to talk to more often - I love you and I'll be calling when I get a few more hours to just relax... or give me a ring... I would love to catch up with you too...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haha- I mostly have the photo so that I can be motivated in October to get that body back! I'll also post the fat & prego pix to remind me what happens when you don't bridal your passions ;)
Post a Comment