Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Can you believe it's 2009 already? I know that's the cliche thing to say every year for the first couple weeks of January, but really... We're almost done with the entire first decade of this century... That just baffles me! I am having flashbacks of Y2K... That was 9 years ago... YOWZA!

2008 was definitely the hardest and best yet...

WINS:

I got to work for one of the best men in this country and won BIG TIME!


I got to know a lot of my second cousins and extended family much better. (Shout out to the Bromley family... All of you... And Laura "no longer a Pugmire" Graham)

I drove across the country and fulfilled a dream to live Back East.
I learned a lot about myself - I am better and stronger for it even if it required an emotional roller coaster and far too much personal vulnerability for my preferences. I made some phenomenal friends and maintained the friendships from previous years...

FAILS:

I did not meet and marry the man of my dreams... I did not hold a job for longer than 4 months (ironically true... Even if that problem has largely been out my control or at least indicative of what I do)... I did not travel the world. I did not go to or apply for grad school in anticipation of the PhD that I ultimately will be given...

And I basically continue to live the unstable and yet very fulfilling life of a political vagabond...

Here's to stable employment and big wins on election day in 2009!!!

No comments: