So I'm not big on resolutions.. My life is broken down into much smaller segments and increments and I generally make changes and fine-tune with those time frames.. To echo Melissa I too think of life and memories from the last couple of years in terms of campaigns and
in turn cities/states around the country... but even with that said I thought it might be a good exercise to come up with year long goals that transcend where "home" is or what campaign I'm working on...
My New Years Resolutions for 2009:
1. Be Put Together (a la Mission: Put Together)
2. Think about my appearance - and that's not even a cop out... For the most part I'm a function over form kind of girl.. But this is the year to think about what food I'm putting in my mouth and how much exercise I schedule in... No weight loss goal... just to care/notice this...
3. Date up a storm... Kidding... Kind of... Making friends and making time to be social with those particularly of the male persuasion...
4. Go to the temple at least every other week, but most likely every week and make this my refuge from the world...
5. Make scriptures and heartfelt prayer and meditation the first thing I do everyday... Not something thrown in to the middle or something as I'm drifting off to sleep...
6. Balance... Work on maintaining balance while still making it all fit within the schedule...
7. Be a better friend.. Even if there isn't enough time to maintain every friendship I've developed over the years, but I would like to do more to let people know that I'm thinking about them even if it can't be a personal visit or sometimes even a phone call...8. Stability - quite possibly the thing I long for/covet most at this point in my life... I'd like a bit more of that in my life... and it seems this just might be the year for that to happen...
No comments:
Post a Comment