Tuesday, January 20, 2009

100...

So... I've seen this on a number of blogs and for some reason I always get this urge to write out 100 useless things that you all are DYING to find out about me...

1. I secretly hope all of my friends from locations-past find my blog, but I don't advertise that I have one anywhere except for having it on facebook
2. The saddest thing is that the one thing I have the most material to post about is the one thing that I'll never be able to post about (Politics)...
3. I'm deathly afraid of failure...
4. This fear is only seconded by my fear of never getting married (but this is more of a lingering sense of failure that I could feel in the future and I rarely think about currently)
5. Everyone asks me how I move so regularly and how I am able to uproot so often... but it really doesn't bother me
6. The only time it bothers me is the first Saturday night in a new city when I am not yet busy enough to be consumed by work and not social enough to have a posse to go out with...
7. Only recently did I come to feel homesickness and loneliness - everything before was more of a longing for family or a longing for other places that I once called home.
8. These moments brought me to my knees faster than any other
9. They also taught me the most about the Atonement...
10. I have this urge to tell people that I served a mission in Paris, France every time someone asks if I served... all because of an inside joke with Chris and Lindsay from a couple years ago...
11. Every time I get this urge I am chuckling hysterically to myself on the inside...
12. I love most things that are bad for my body (in terms of food... not other vices)
13. and previously resented people who took care of their body - it's like the idea of watching the Biggest Loser while downing an entire gallon of ice cream
14. Since losing a bit of weight it makes me want to become one of those people instead of silently mocking them.
15. I REALLY want to wander the world and explore other countries.
16. I look more highly on people who have...
17. I love that I've seen A LOT of this country in the past couple of years, but I still see world travel as a bit out of my reach.
18. Even two years ago I never thought I'd be a wanderer... I planned everything well in advance…
19. I don't think I'll end up back in Arizona, but going back and seeing my family all living close makes me question that line of thinking almost every time.
20. Up until the last couple of months I was still not sure how to balance out my passion for wanting to take over the world and my desire to raise a family and be at home with them.
21. I am now understanding better than ever where my priorities should be and where they are moving towards.
22. I'm sure this is all because Heavenly Father is preparing me for some great children someday.
23. I am BEYOND excited to be in DC.
24. but I'm also extremely scared - I kind of had DC as an eventual goal to end up here someday before I got married
25. I think I'm going to miss Boston the most out of all of the cities I've lived most recently...
26. But I still desperately miss people from other places as if they are family.
27. Sometimes I think campaigns were made for me... or people like me...
28. But then I remember that I do thrive on order, routine, and stability.
29. I don't know that I will ever understand or come to a conclusion about this debate.
30. I love Reese's Peanut Butter cups
31. I learned to love them from my father...
32. They are even better in Blizzards from Dairy Queen while driving home from performances and meetings at night...
33. Cooking is the way I de-stress no matter how busy I am.
34. This is why I would often bake or cook after midnight when I lived in Reno.
35. It was the only time I had... and it was uninterrupted by roommates - GLORIOUS!
36. I long for the days of my own house with a Kitchenaid Mixer, sharp knives, and being able to try out new recipes everyday.
37. I'm only a mediocre cook because I try to do too many things at once.
38. I like people to think I am the best cook in the world and I know I could be if I focused solely on the finished product.
39. Every time I move to a new place I find this need to track down and make the coolest person there my best friend.
40. I have A LOT of best friends now...
41. When people start talking about wedding parties I get a little bit nervous in how I will pick, control the size/awesomeness of my future wedding party because they are all legitimately best friends.
42. I also simultaneously think about the coolest and most exciting party ever when I think of this party.
43. I am beyond excited to come up with a reason to bring all of those best friends to the same place to meet and love each other.
44. I also worry for my future husband - I'm a lot to handle let alone all of those best friends from around the country...
45. I think I’ve developed a minor case of ADD over the last 6 months… seriously…
46. I am frightened by this concept because I used to have an AMAZING attention span
47. I can’t help but multi-task through everything – on my blackberry, on my laptop, or even on paper…
48. I have control issues – I like knowing where a process is and what’s happening with each person involved
49. Related – I have an addiction to information and knowing everything about the people I interact with…
50. I have an internal conflict of needing 100% social interaction and loving the computer and analysis side of things which requires very little social interaction…
51. I can’t wait to organize my future house and to be a full-time homemaker
52. but I don’t know how I will be able to stay home all day without staying VERY heavily involved in other projects.
53. I also have a very real fear of not having mentally stimulating adult conversation while my kids are very young.
54. I used to think I’d have 3 kids, but more recently I’ve been thinking birthing a larger number could be really great too.
55. I will NOT have a stereotypical large Mormon family!
56. I love confrontation.
57. I can hold a conversation with almost anyone on almost any subject.
58. This has lead to problems in my dating life when they thought I was interested… whoops!
59. I LOVE meeting new people and finding what we have in common.
60. My favorite game is Risk – world domination in a few amazing hours!
61. Very few of my girl friends like this game… which makes it even better… (Maria – I do love you for loving it… among about 1,000 other things)
62. I love my best friends in the world more than just about anything else – and I am so excited that they are slowly dropping off the single bandwagon.
63. But a little (like 0.00001%) of me is a little jealous that they are all jumping in to marriage at the same time and I’m still in the Single stage.
64. When I think about how long they’ve waited and what they’ve gone through to find the perfect spouses for them – I am even more excited for them… and even more patient with my own life…
65. Somewhere mixed in there – there’s even more love for my little nieces and nephews. I love seeing them and loving them when I come home for a visit. If I could bottle them up and take them with me – I would.
66. I have always had secret crushes on my best guy friends and deep down in my head they all could be plan Bs (or plan As for that matter) if they ever caught the idea strongly enough that loving me would change their life forever.
67. Up until college I thought I was so sly and no guy knew when I had a crush on them…
68. This thought was nullified that every single one of them knew…
69. This lead to a period of time when I just outright told every guy I liked my feelings for them (intimidating and awesome, right?)…
70. Now I’m somewhere in between…
71. There is no doubt in my mind that I belong to the true church of Jesus Christ restored to this earth through Joseph Smith.
72. I have come to understand the Atonement more in the last year than ever before… and I’m sure I’ll only learn more as the years continue to pass.
73. I really love the Priesthood and will have it in my future home.
74. It has never crossed my mind that our church could even be remotely sexist because we have a Patriarchal Priesthood – it’s just a delineation of responsibilities and we are equal.
75. One of my favorite things about going home is receiving a father’s blessing before I leave.
76. But we forgot this time… which was really sad…
77. If I could put everything into an excel spreadsheet I would…
78. There is not enough time in the day to harass/keep up with all of my friends – If I could I would visit all of them constantly…
79. I’m really excited to see where I end up next and how the rest of my life will play out – not in the “I’m not enjoying right now” sort of way, but in the “I know it’s going to be awesome!” sort of way.
80. I have a little bit of fascination with Alton Brown from food network… and maybe a little Bobby Flay… and sometimes Tom Caliccio…
81. I also sometimes wish I was Kate from Jon and Kate Plus 8…
82. Contrary to the last two statements… I really have no legitimate romantic crushes on famous people – something caused more than a small bit of thinking while working with Becca…
83. I just can’t picture myself with anyone other than people I meet in my normal life – albeit awesome people… but what is the joy in liking someone you could never have or would never love you for your own awesomeness?
84. I’m certain there’s a way of solving every problem or reasoning through any tough situation – sometimes it takes more faith, sometimes a few late nights, and my personal favorite is sometimes it takes a deep breath and a cup of hot chocolate – but it’s always better.
85. Hot chocolate makes EVERYTHING a little bit better…
86. So do otter pops…
87. Both are applicable during all seasons…
88. <-- This is quickly becoming one of my favorite sections in the Doctrine and Covenants. 89. Prop 8 was the first time I felt politics rather than thought them…
90. I hated policy discussions when I was in college and avoided them like the plague…
91. Now I seek them out…
92. Learning how people think about politics and how they came to that way of thinking fascinates me…
93. When I’m reading the newspaper I think about writing thoughts on clippings to add to my blog – but I never will…
94. I worry about how my opinions can be misquoted and misconstrued out of context if I ever run for office someday.
95. Part of me wants to throw caution to the wind and bring up politics and current events anyways.
96. I love to clean my kitchen when I get up in the morning… it’s relaxing and I feel like I’ve accomplished something.
97. I have a very romantic idea of subway systems and public transportation. For some reason the idea of commuting to work on a subway completely mystifies me – perhaps I’ve seen the scene of the cast singing “Santa Fe” from Rent far too many times…
98. I love musical theater – what I’ve seen live in the highest quality is limited, but I still love every bit of it.
99. I was sad when I didn’t have a political bumper sticker on my car for this last General Election – I lost the camaraderie with other Republicans in Massachusetts because I didn’t find one until I got to Florida and was nowhere near my car… it made me feel a little empty.
100. I’m generally a very happy person… mornings are the exception…

3 comments:

Becca said...

No celeb crushes is such a tragedy. Three words: Christian Bale - Batman

Brady said...

All I can say is that I'm quite impressed. I completely agree with #7, #15, #28, #33, #36 (I'm halfway there), #86, and a few others I'm I don't dare admit to. Congratulations on the new job in DC and I wish you best in your new but ongoing adventure.

Tiffany said...

I loved reading your 100 things, and learning so much about who you are! And how much you are willing to admit! You may want to go back and fix #81 though (Jon rather than Tom). I've thought about doing a list like this, but I don't think my life is exciting enough to come up with 100 things! :)