Monday, July 20, 2009

This Week...

Hello friends... I take off for Girls Camp this morning to teach the 3rd years (14 year old girls) all of the outdoors skills they will ever need. Wish me luck - hoping they don't start the forest on fire, nobody ends up in the hospital, and just maybe they don't hate me by the end of the week...
Until then... my blog will continue to catch you up on the comings and goings around these parts over the past couple months... Love you all! I'll enjoy an extra s'more for you :)

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

So fun! I loved girls camp and thoroughly miss it! I've been in Young Women's in two different wards now since I've been married, but haven't been back to girls camp. Hopefully I'll get the chance to go again, but maybe when my babies are a little older and I can handle leaving them for a week! :) Enjoy yourself! And definately eat a s'more for me! I'll eat one for you on Thursday at our family reunion... which you will be missed, by the way! :)

Marissa said...

The ironic part is that I'm the Ward Girls Camp Director with no Young Women in my ward... LOL! I was called in January when I first moved to Virginia and was really confused. Because our stake is 53% YSAs and SAs they use the Singles Wards to fill in holes of callings in other wards - so I'll be camping with all of the 3rd years from the stake even though there will be no one else from my ward there.

I'm so sad I'll be missing the family reunion this week! It's been forever since I've seen our side of the family and I really have come to love the Bromley side from living with Budd and Sharon this last year. As it was I am getting special permission to do Girls Camp within the metro area so flying across the country wasn't even remotely an option... When I'm not campaigning I'll be there... I promise!

LMemory said...

How did you get to be a part of Girls' Camp??? I LOVE working at girls camps! Jealous..

LMemory said...

oh. I guess I should read the other posts first. That is a great and funny circumstance to find yourself in! Have a great week darlin'!