Friday night was a combination of awesomeness:
7 Brides for 7 Brothers with Holly, Jorge, Michael, Traviston, and Liz - I still love that movie. I had to leave early because I was meeting with other friends, but it just makes me so darn happy and the songs are ridiculously great!and then...
The Red Sox game with friends down in the North End. Visiting with friends from out of town and watching the game - definitely a great idea - props to Becca on that one.We then set off to drive through Western Mass to enjoy the beautiful fall foliage. I'm sad the pictures from the drive really didn't turn out well. I was driving and in turn not manning the camera, but the drive itself was unreal. It didn't seem natural to have that many colors lining the road and going all through the forest - straight out of a painter's notebook.
After the apple picking and the long drive - I headed into town to Copley Square to see the politicos and Ryan and Matt who were in town. The original plan was to bowl, but instead we grabbed dinner and talked the entire time while watching Game 2 of the ALCS (which ended poorly and late for the Red Sox).
Sunday morning was an early trip down to Providence. I'm pretty sure I was socially awkward at that early hour, but I did stop by Taunton, MA on the way back. Looking through our New England Family History - our ancestors were early settlers in Taunton (it's down closer to the Rhode Island border and the cape) - I'm still trying to figure out when these ancestors came specifically. To be perfectly honest - there's not a whole lot in Taunton so with the exception of a few pictures I didn't really stop to see much and it was still early on a Sunday morning. It was beautiful with the Fall colors and seems to have a lot of churches and retirement condos now. That's saying a lot for a small town in Mass.
Sunday night we made apple pies with the apples we picked - not a bad end to the week. No pictures and I was getting very tired during the process. We made double crusted and crumb pies with all different kinds of apples - which is great. At some point I want to have an apple pie party of some kind - invite lots of friends over after making pies with all different kinds of apples to figure out which apple I like to bake with best. I know what I like now, but I've only tried a couple. I know, I know - I'm really weird... maybe I'll do that at Thanksgiving time or something.
3 comments:
What a fun weekend! I loved all the pictures (and your cute hair)! Miss you!
This is the one thing I really miss about being in Arizona. The change of seasons. The colors do look like they are from a painting. Beautiful!
I'm moving here. As soon as my pie is done.
Post a Comment