The day of the party - Maria and Joel came to church with me and I had to stop by a festival in Reston, but once I got home we set up some tables, grabbed some ice chests to keep the ice cream cartons cold as we were serving up the other ones. The neighbor girls were a big help too.

We had wonderful neighbors stop by to introduce themselves.

This is Jean and Lynn... they are our lovely neighbors who live around the corner and have been in the neighborhood since it was originally built several decades ago.

These are our next door neighbors too.


The politicos came out to enjoy a sweet treat too...

We certainly filled the available parking and the overflow along the running trail.

Here's a shot of the group later on after we had nearly ran out of ice cream. We all stayed in the front yard for a couple hours meeting and mingling. I loved watching the Mormons mixing with the neighbors and the politicos - all of my world meshing together.

One of the absolute highlights of the day and the weekend was catching up with old friends. Joel and Maria were visiting - and we got to spend far more time together than I expected they'd give me.

I saw Jacob in Sunday School and we were able to catch up after not seeing each other in a couple years while he was visiting his sister in the area.

The ice cream lasted about an hour and a half and I think we were just shy of about 100 people cycle through to grab a scoop or two...
I'll certainly be entering this competition again and urging all of my friends to do so as well. It was a great win to gain neighborhood unity and to enjoy a cool treat on a hot and sweaty Sunday afternoon. Thank you Edy's Ice Cream for giving me the opportunity to show my friends and neighbors a little love and to boost their spirits.
1 comment:
In the first picture of this bunch is that guy David Olave? He is an old buddy from the mission. What a small world!!!!!
Post a Comment