Sunday, August 30, 2009

Try A Little Tenderness...

I think any guy who can pull off a kiss to the cheek and not make it absolutely creepy deserves more than a few bonus points. An un-named political friend gave multiple girls in our posse tonight a tender kiss on the cheek and it not only didn't weird me out, but made me like him all the more. The guy is a gem to begin with, but even still there wasn't an ounce of creepiness, sleeze, or cockiness to the simple act. Somehow it came across tender and respectful.
For those of you gentlemen out there - if you can pull off the kiss to the cheek you should. If there is any question of whether you will be seen as creepy or it will be weird... you're probably right - your concerns are probably valid and you most certainly will be creepy.

I think the key in this situation is that the guy is legitimately one of the nicest I have ever met in this industry and he isn't creepy. In fact, the guy has an amazing ability to make every single person in a room feel special and important. He makes you feel singled out - in the good way.

I don't think we use the socially appropriate kiss to the cheek nearly enough in our culture and therefore all of you non-creepy men should bring it back. All of you creepy men... well... you should stop doing a lot of things, but that's a post for another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice advice to the creepy guys...haha

jenny said...

Haha you are funny. I agree. Why can't we just be like the french? I guess they can be kind of creepy. But I totally agree with this post.