As I was going through the pictures and the ice cream party posts I came across a picture that I think deserves it's own post...

I LOVE this girl. There just enough words to fully describe what this lady has done for me and how excited I am to heckle her for the rest of this life.

Maria and I became friends nearly immediately - it took a tip off from a mutual friend that we were both dating... a lot. Simple. Awkward. and just the right common ground to bond over what we refer to as the awesomeness of the Reno Singles Wards. We chatted that first night for hours about both of our experiences in Reno - she had been there for almost 6 months, I had only been there for about 3 weeks. It was nothing more than being the flavor of the month... or at least the new girls.

Through planning some holiday parties, weekly game nights every Sunday, Risk, some politics, and lots and lots of conversations we secured our friendship to be a much longer lasting partnership. Maria has snagged herself a great husband in Joel and is starting her Masters in Geology this Fall at BYU while Joel finishes up his undergrad. She's going to be a great mom who will paintball with her sons, cook up a feast or two, and entertain her family for hours.

I may know a lot of people, but I have met very few people in this life who are as Christlike and calming as Maria. She can sooth over any situation and even the hottest tempers (shout out to one of our favorites from Reno). She is always looking for ways to serve, spend time supporting her family, and being responsible. I'm sure I could learn thousands of things from her to be a better person... but instead I merely provided a little entertainment and an occasional shoulder to lean on... mostly this involved lots of laughter and not so much crying, but I think it was just as effective.
.... and you liked it... Love you, darlin! So excited to watch your adventures with a front row seat...
No comments:
Post a Comment