A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. - Coco Chanel

Before the lovely DeEtte left us to finish up preparations to officially become a Jones we trapsed down to the Jefferson Memorial to take a few pictures of the roommates and the honorary roommates. In my defense - I had been at events the whole day and exhausted... I had also only been home from girls camp for less than 24 hours. Let's just say I've had better looking days. More pictures will come as soon as I track down the ones from the other camera.

I also figure this is a great opportunity to talk about why I love each of these lovely ladies. (complete with pictures from other events and facebook)...
Mel -

Melissa and I met a few years ago in the Enclave and bonded over old BBC movies, cookies, and generally the goodness that was a life of constant all-nighters back then. Mel has this classic beauty to her and is literally brilliant. She will be happy to know that I am not in fact going to post a picture from the beach road trip of the summer of 2007 in a certain pair of mom-butt jeans... but I was tempted. Melissa certainly belongs in a former decade or century and has the wisdom of many decades.
Bowes -

Kari is the lovely chef who keeps us calm. I don't know how she does it, but Kari has this ability to calm down any situation, any person, and still has the ability to ease between serious and fun. I've appreciated laughing late at night and easy going Saturdays just laughing. I look forward to Bowesalicious teaching me some knife skills and more late nights.
Skeen -

Jenni has this amazing ability to simplify and focus all of her time, energy, and thoughts on any issue. She just got back from a month long trip to teach African children math skills and working with teachers in a little school in Ghana to improve their teaching skills. Not only is she helping our next generation to develop cognitive reasoning skills, but she also ran the Boston marathon and solidly PRed.
SIT AKA Annie -

Annie is the creative artist with all of the big ideas of the group. She keeps us laughing and reminding us to think outside the box. I highly recommend you check out her website and her art. Annie spends her daytime hours keeping the Attornies in the district in line and tries to balance creating moving pieces of art and juggling the men who swarm for her. So excited for more adventures this winter!
and
the fabulous DeEtte -

DeEtte is the embodiment of the above Coco Chanel quote. She is fearless and a great conversationalist. She has just the right balance between traditional expectations and the sass of dancing and youth. We all love DeEtte and are sad to see her move to the other coast, but she certainly did well to snag Brandon. I'm looking forward to lots of visits back and forth and seeing your little family through the years. Love you, darlin!
4 comments:
wow thanks, marissa! i'm honored.
AND and i got the first comment. And second one :P
and the third one, too!
this is too much fun.
love you.
Post a Comment