Scalloped Potatoes With Heavy Cream and Cheese
Recipe Found Here | 2¾ hours | 1¼ hours prep
SERVES 6
Ingredients
* 2 lbs red potatoes, peeled
* 4 tablespoons butter, no salt clarified
* 1 cup grated emmenthaler cheese or gruyere
* 1 1/4 cups whipping cream, room temperature
* 1/2 cup milk, if needed, boiled and kept warm
* black pepper
Directions
1. First: Please read the introduction.
2. Slice the potatoes into 1/8 inch slice.
3. Place in bowl and cover with cold water.
4. Let soak for at least an hour.
6. Heat oven to 300°F.
7. Using 1 T of the butter coat the bottom and sides of a 10 inch, 2" deep casserole.
8. Arrange potatoes in layers, after each layer add cheese, pepper and small amount of butter.
9. Repeat to use all the potatoes, finishing the top with cheese and the last of the butter.
13. The cream should have absorbed into the potatoes, which should be tender, not mushy.
2 comments:
YES!!! I haven't posted mine yet, but...can I tell you that I totally made this AGAIN last week? And more roasted peppers. I'm obsessed. With Julia Child. And you.
Did you get my email about coming to DC? Did I not send it?
Post a Comment