Monday, August 10, 2009

I Scream...

So... I won a Neighborhood Ice Cream Social from Edy's Ice Cream. Exciting, right?! I have to say - I got the e-mail and I got so excited I just started laughing to myself and didn't really believe it until the ice cream literally showed up on my doorstep.
Many people have asked why on earth Edy's Ice Cream company not only knows who I am, but loves me enough to send me this much ice cream. The real answer... they probably have very little idea who I am, but they did send me ice cream.

Every year they have this contest on their website where people can write a paragraph or two about why your neighborhood deserves to win a salute. I saw it on thepioneerwoman.com (you ALL should read this blog... GREAT recipes, witty, and Black Heals to Tractor Wheels is delightful) several months ago and decided - what the heck - why not? I submitted a paragraph about how my neighborhood was filled with folks on both sides of the political aisle - half that are unemployed and looking and the other who have the responsibility to fix the economy and therefore we needed ice cream.

Somehow they chose me and a couple weeks later I had a box of ice cream on my doorstep...

Part 2 to follow tomorrow...

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Woohoo! I love PW. :)

Jenna said...

Ohhh I am very excited to hear all about this. Pictures please!

Lildonbro said...

That's awesome!

...I never win anything. Wonk, wonk.