Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend Late Night Cooking Extravaganza

After work tonight I just needed some me-time. It's been a couple weeks since I've just pressed pause on life and took some time for me and to decompress. I knew that if I didn't take an hour or two now this week was going to be a lot harder and lot less effective moving into this coming week. Usually me-time involves a whole lot of cooking and a full freezer by the end of the process. Unfortunately it's been weeks since I've even had a chance to consider a frying pan or cookie sheet. Considering cooking time didn't start until after 10pm it made for a later night than normal.
Jenni Skeen obliged and joined me for the dessert portion of the process. It gave us a chance to catch up, share funny stories, and most importantly just enjoy our friendship. Skeen represents Bellevue much better than anyone could ever ask for and she's one of my favorites. She ran the Boston Marathon a few weeks ago with a PR time and she's even going to Ghana next month to teach children math and art. There's no doubt in my mind that she could do anything and accomplish everything if she wanted to... Skeen reminds me to keep my life centered on the gospel and to not let the hectic schedule keep me from losing my focus on the eternal.
We made Asparagus Cheddar Quiche, Chocolate-Chocoate Chip Muffins, and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies... All are new favorites and certainly added to the regular rotation for freezer food or just cooking in general.

Note: The flour and look of happy exhaustion from the pictures... it was a little after 2am by the time we finished up the last of the baking and stopped chatting... Just know that we get better the later it gets and certainly more entertained by ourselves. Also - apologies for the bad lighting...

No comments: