Monday, May 18, 2009

Chop.. Chop.. Chop..

So... I was long overdue for a haircut. Like... almost a year overdue... I chopped off somewhere between 6-8 inches yesterday, trimmed bangs back into my haircut, and brought it back a little darker and closer to my natural color with a little bit added for vibrancy. Maria also thinned it out extensively so that I can tame the afro when the humidity sets in this summer. I am loving how light it feels and how quickly I can do my hair. It falls in the right ways - it can be straight, it can go curly, it can be choppy and wispy, or smooth and all about the clean lines. To say the least - I LOVE it!
Adding to the narcissism of the weekend and how great I feel about myself. I bought a pair of jeans - same brand, same style from the jeans I bought back in January... but SEVERAL sizes smaller... I'm excited for the new me - new hair, new body, and new clothes to come soon...

4 comments:

Nicki said...

I love your hair! So cute!

"MAMMA" Breshears said...

Way to go Marissa! I love your hair and you look great!

Tiffany said...

I LOVE it! The style looks so good on you!! I recently cut my hair all off too and it's amazing how much faster and easier it is to do each day! You look great!!

PS. You think you can make it out for the family reunion in July? You have many family members hoping to see you there!! :)

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Beautiful.