Monday, May 11, 2009

Julie & Julia

So I saw this on a cooking blog a couple of weeks ago and then it was discussed again with Carolyn's visit. We had a chance to walk around the Smithsonian American History Museum that recently re-opened after a several year hiatus. Downstairs they have Julie Childs Cambridge, MA kitchen that she used to film her show out of for years. Seeing the kitchen with all of the pots, pans, gadgets, and to see just how basic it was was refreshing.
I was excited to see the show and now I'm even MORE excited. When the movie comes out Carolyn and I are going to have a cooking extravaganza after we watch the show. It will be amazing! The movie seems fascinating and Meryl Streep plays a great Julia - it doesn't hurt that I'm also a fan of Amy Adams and I love cooking in all forms.



Bon Appetite!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Just heard on the radio that this is supposed to be one of the "sleeper" hits of the Summer. I'm really excited about it as well!

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Julia Childs Movie + Marissa + Carolyn = MAGIC

Andrea said...

I hadn't heard of that movie until now! It looks really good!