Monday, March 30, 2009

Where Did March Go?

Seriously guys... I feel like it was just a few days ago that we kicked off March. Heck - it feels like it was only a week ago that we were celebrating birthdays all over the place in February. I'm not entirely sure I know where these last couple of weeks have gone. I have a hunch that time continued to pass while my life became consumed by numbers and dates and meetings, but that's just a hunch...

Now that April very quickly aproaching we have some great things to look forward to here in Arlington -
  1. Cherry Blossoms and next week's Cherry Blossom Festival - This is the first time I've been in DC for this and I'm really excited to just walk along the Potomac and enjoy the Spring and beautiful flowers. I'm also excited to wander around the monuments and the district with friends. I have only been in the district 3 times since I moved here because I am always on the Virginia side of the river (or much further inland). I'm excited to start enjoying DC and Virginia for why it is really great, not just driving on the beltway and handing out business cards at meetings.
  2. Birthday Parties and Socializing - Remember that time when I had a birthday and I was working? Yah.. I do too... The plan is to throw a joint birthday party with Melissa one of these upcoming weeks. In conjunction with this - I'm excited to re-learn what a weekend is and to really get to know some of the folks in my ward. Over the last 2 weekends I did start meeting some really great people and I'm excited to get to know those folks a little better and to meet even more people.
  3. Bald Eagle - There is a bald eagle's nest right on George Washington Parkway just South of Old Town Alexandria on my way to church, or more appropriately on the way to Mt. Vernon. I'm really excited to go take a few pictures and just see it. The nest is right above the fairway of a golf course and is right on the Potomac River - it just seems like quite the dichotomy from the busy streets of the city or even the golfers down below and this massive and symbolic bird.
  4. General Conference - This should probably be first on the list. I'm really excited for General Conference this weekend and to take some time to just think, listen, and set new goals. I have a lot on my mind personally and this weekend is the perfect anecdote to wandering ideas. I am looking forward to filling my spiritual reserves to overflowing capacity and expanding my mind and my testimony.
  5. Moving Forward - this one may be a little vague, but I'm excited for what I am dubbing "phase 2" with work. I'm excited for new processes and new challenges. I was really ready for "phase 1" to be done and after a full night's rest I'm just about ready to jump in head first into the next part of the campaign.
  6. Workout Weather - I'm excited to start running in the morning. I'd say I'd like to do this again, but it's been YEARS since I had time, energy, or motivation to go running in the mornings. I'm excited to take care of myself and get healthy. The newly hotter body isn't a bad motivation either...

No comments: