Happy St. Patty's Day, my fellow Irishmen!
I've always loved this blessing/poem. Because I don't believe in memorized prayers it was more of a hymn or a poem in my mind. Either way, I hope you are all doing well and enjoying this holiday of green and Ireland!
I also liked this version... sans the religious inferrances because it is sung by Priests.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes. Imagine this blessing offered on behalf of so many centuries of Irish immigrants, forced to relocate because of famine or politics, or religion. Imagine the hope of a new world, friendlier to survival, if not happiness. Imagine it said on the docks as ships were preparing to cross an ocean or a sea. Imagine that those who often offered the blessing on behalf od departing family and friends would soon, themselves, be hearing the same blessing pronounced on their behalf.
To all those Irish souls with the courage, and the necessity, to strike off to find a better life.
Post a Comment