Sunday, March 22, 2009

Special Witnesses of Christ

I picked up a habit back when I live in the Enclave in Provo of watching/listening to the movie "Special Witnesses of Christ" on Sundays while I cooked/prepped food for dinner group. There are a dozen and a half or so vignettes and bearing of testimony of the Prophet and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles as it stood in 2003. I needed something that would help me to prepare for the sacrament on Sunday mornings before church, but most importantly it is the testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, by men called of God. I still love this DVD and watch it often.
The DVD shares the simple testimonies of these men called of God to witness of our Redeemer and walks through His work in the pre-mortal, mortal, and post-mortal existence. These vignettes not only buoy up those who have already gained a testimony of our Savior, but also testify and clarify the doctrine of the gospel to those who may be learning or just barely peeking their interest in religion. The Prophet at the time was our loved President Gordon B. Hinckley who passed away in February of 2008. Our current Prophet is President Thomas S. Monson. Both hold the responsibility to receive direction from God in regards to His church on this Earth and to receive revelation for our world today.

On the LDS.org webpage they have posted some of the videos and can be found here. I hope you all will click over there for a little spiritual nourishment.

For those of you who are not Mormon - please go and listen. We truly are Christians - we love and revere Jesus Christ as our Savior and Redeemer. We love him as our brother, as our Messiah, and as our advocate of the Father. These videos will give you a better idea of what we believe and know to be true.

These three men comprise the First Presidency of our Church - President Thomas S. Monson is our Prophet and is sitting in the chair, President Henry B. Eyring and President Dieter F. Uchtdorf are the 1st and 2nd Counselors respectively.
These are the men who comprise the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles that we have on Earth today. We will be sustaining a new Apostle in the upcoming General Conference (just 2 weeks away) to fill the seat vacated by Elder Wirthlin when he passed away just a few months ago so this picture will change just a little bit.

The Quorum in this picture: (back to front, left to right) Elder Richard G. Scott, Elder Robert D. Hales, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, Elder David A. Bednar, Elder Quentin L. Cook, Elder D. Todd Christofferson, President Boyd K. Packer, Elder L. Tom Perry, Elder Russell M. Nelson, Elder Dallin H. Oaks, Elder M. Russell Ballard, and Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin (now deceased).
All of these men testify as special witnesses of Christ that He is our Savior who atoned for our sins, is the eldest son of the Father and a literal son of our Heavenly Father on this earth, and that He is the way back to our Heavenly Father after this life.
For those of you who are Mormon and are familiar with these Apostles and our Prophet - please go and be edified and renew your testimony of continued revelation and truly having a Prophet called of God to speak to us and testify as witnesses of our Savior.

I love my Savior and I am so grateful to Him for giving his life for me and atoning for my sins and agonies. I truly have a testimony that we have a Prophet on the Earth today and Apostles who continue to testify and receive revelation to direct His church. I am so grateful for the guidance and comfort I receive from Heavenly Father through this gospel and for the understand that I am nothing without Him. I know that this life is a part of our God and Father's Plan of Happiness all to bring us back to Him and to have the opportunity to be like Him. I love this plan. I love the priesthood that has been restored to this Earth and I am so grateful to know what I know.

Happy Sabbath, everyone!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I like to have things to listen to while I cook dinner on Sundays, and this is what I will be watching next week :)