Thursday, March 26, 2009

Valentine's Day with Burtie

Over a month ago Burtie gave us the generous gift of visiting from Salt Lake. She came out to check things out before she moves out here and to celebrate Valentine's Day with some close friends. She gave us a preview of all of the good things to look forward to this summer when she is out here for her internship. We dabbled in some of our favorite things, caught up from the old times, and took some awesome pictures along the Potomac River. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do everything with her because of work schedules, but on Friday night I showed up late after meetings for a dance birthday party with the the gang and on Sunday we took pictures after church down by Mount Vernon. We then came home for nap time, some cooking (tried out my new pasta maker and baked Chocolate Chip Cookies for tradition's sake), and most importantly soaked up the movie North and South. It's a bond Burtie, Mel, and I have from a couple years ago and a good chick flick for a girls night. The best thing of all of that was to be together with close friends and celebrating our traditions together.
Love you, Burtie! I'm so excited for you to come back and be so close for the entire summer!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Aww shucks I feel so special right now! Just over a month and I'll be out there! I can't wait to be awkwardly awesome with you and to do lots of fun and creepy things! I'm not sure I know how to dabble though :). You're the greatest! Love you!