Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Greatest Plans of the Year!

I just wanted to let you all know that Carolyn and I made plans for New Years tonight. We are in fact going to camp out in the bitter cold, drink hot chocolate, take random pictures all day, laugh at the stupid things, and flirt with the attractive city men crammed next to us when we do
New Year's Eve in Times Square!!
I know you are all jealous or questioning my sanity... the thoughts on this one are:
  1. When will we have a chance to do this again without any other commitments to worry about... (read: husbands and children... all of which will be very attractive and awesome someday)
  2. We have watched the ball drop in Times Square every year until now and will watch it every year after - we might as well do it live once...
  3. Carolyn lives in NY so it is amazingly convenient... and an unnecessary reason to visit her...
  4. There are very few people in the world that I would be THIS excited to spend a freezing cold day in a large crowd with - but Carolyn not only makes the short list - she has me excited about it...
  5. and it is contiguous with our East Coast adventures and taking opportunities when they are presented to us and making the most of this time...
Awesomeness Commences in T-Minus 41 Days!!!! Other Awesomeness will also commence once I figure out when I am headed to Arizona for Christmas :)

2 comments:

Closer To Home said...

So, you are likely to spend Christmas in Arizona, where it will be sunny and 75 degrees (and an overnight low of 40 degrees), and then New Years in New York,where the daytime high will be 28 degrees. But the daytime won't matter, because you will be outside at midnight where the overnight low will be 11 degrees. Lucky you!

Marissa said...

I know! Isn't it great? I realized all of this at some point last night... I'm sure my body will freak out sometime around 10pm on New Years Eve, but it will be worth it.

I still think it's part of the East Coast experience somewhere deep down in my head and it's with Carolyn... I'd invite you along, but it's an awfully long trip to be cold in a compact, dirty environment.