Saturday, June 27, 2009

Photoshop...

I remember when Dad taught me how to use photoshop and pagemaker for the first time. It was for my 5th grade brochure project. We were supposed to research a place in the US and then make a brochure to advertise the tourist sites in that area to sell why it would be a great place to visit. I chose Salt Lake City and rather than coloring or cutting out pictures on a folded piece of paper my dad taught me the adobe suite and let me use his brand new printer that printed poster sized paper. It meant that I could print the entire thing on one piece of paper and fold it up for the finished project. Considering this was around 1996 and 1997 it's not exactly bad.
Since that project and my dad's habit of using the best software for projects and getting things done I've been a steady lover and user of photoshop since that time. When my laptop died two summers ago I've been using my sister Colleen's laptop. A new one is on the to do list, but that takes money and steady employment. Since I switched over laptops I had not installed photoshop on her computer. Every time I go to edit or upload pictures I have the same longing for the ease of use and more tools that are in photoshop, but that takes finding my case of software and the time to install and tweak it to my settings.

After almost 2 years - last night was the night I finally installed it. I needed it to blur the last names out of respect for the anonymity of friends and strangers on another post. I'm looking forward to being back to the way it should be - being able to edit pictures, work on new projects, and develop some brilliant political and personal humor. So excited!!

No comments: