Thursday, June 25, 2009

Oh, Facebook... How I Love Thee..

This is BY FAR the funniest comment thread to a status update on facebook that I have ever seen. My friend Melissa works for an organization here in DC that interacts almost exclusively with highly educated and skilled foreigners - primarily middle easterners. I noticed this gem on her status this morning...
To paint the picture - Melissa is a very cool, albeit white mormon girl in my singles ward here in DC. She's quickly becoming one of my favorites. She's never met this man... but he certainly makes it clear that he would like tickets to her gun show - in a very formal way.

Needless to say... laughter and joy ensued for many minutes... When we clicked over t0 the link in the urban dictionary the ad to the right of the definition was a normal t-shirt sales sight that had a shirt that said "Make awkward sexual noises not war"... there was a mention that Melissa hoped this man did not in fact click the link seeing that he does come from Saudi Arabia. Perhaps this isn't as funny without the full background and the details, but I think it is absolutely hilarious.

Note: last names are blurred to protect the innocent and to not implicate Melissa or her place of employment. Both are great and not necessary details to make this story funny.

No comments: