Now that I’m moving out of recovery mode and into rebuilding mode - I was sitting on my bed today and looking out my window – boxes and bins of things to be thrown out, filed, and entered into my schedule in stacks around me I just took a moment to appreciate the gentle rain coming down outside. I truly have so much to be grateful for.
I have a loving family who supports me from across the country and even supports me living here where I’m happy and doing well. I have a great job and I’m able to be self-sufficient and prepare for the next gap in campaigns. I have all that I need to be happy and to enjoy my surroundings.
Heavenly Father truly took a personal note to keep my car running over the past couple of years. I’m not entirely sure how with multiple trips through Donner Pass the winter before last, driving across the country, and again through a snowstorm down from
I have great friends here in
On a related note – I’ve been able to not only travel through or catch a glimpse of lots of places, but I’ve the cities have become a part of me. When someone talks about Awful-Awfuls in the middle of the night (PLEASE someone figure out how to bring one of these to me in DC ASAP) in
Now, this may become a little bit awkward and I don’t you to misunderstand… so please hear me out… I’m grateful that I’m still single. Weird, right? I’ve had so many great opportunities and I’ve been able to move around effortlessly without being tied down as a result. I’ve grown as an individual and I’ve learned a lot more about politics and life because of those experiences. There’s still a lot of polishing that needs to be done, but I’m stronger now and I’ve changed a lot in the past couple of years. Sure, I would have loved to have been married and having babies by now, but this just feels right. I know it will work out at the right time when it is right in His time. I’ve never been one of those distraught single people or in anyway felt like I was lacking because I wasn’t married, but it’s certainly a goal I’m working on.
I’m grateful for life. I’m grateful for all of the talents I’ve been given. I’m grateful for the knowledge of the gospel. I’m grateful for continued revelation. I’m grateful for the comfort of the Holy Ghost in my life and the amazing power that it has to keep me going when I don’t have anymore inside me. I’m grateful for the Atonement – the perfect, infinite Atonement that fills in all gaps, imperfections, and shortcomings.
I guess… simply… I’m so grateful to be me – now, here, with what I have, doing what I’m doing, and with the people I’ve been blessed to know. I dare say life couldn’t be any better…
No comments:
Post a Comment