Yes, I could be talking about the Scriptures or General Conference. I could be talking about going to the temple, spending time with family, or just relaxing. We'll get to some of those topics in the next couple of weeks (I have pictures! Yay!), but this time I'm talking about friends.
I have some friends who truly feed my soul. I don't know what it is about them that just cuts me to the core and fills up my tank, but they do. It comes in weekends spent laughing in the car and at baseball games, reading blog posts that make you think deeply, and in perfectly timed texts and gchat messages. I love these friends. They keep me going during hard times and they send me soaring when times are good.
I'm in a time of transition right now. I'm restless because I've been in the same place for so long. Hopefully a new apartment in a couple months will help and some summer exploring in the coming weeks will help this. Certainly work is crazy enough to keep me busy which means that when I am finally back in Richmond for a night or two I turn into a bit of a homebody. If only I could get completely caught up and completely organized so I felt better about everything. That seems to be the never-ending struggle.
These friends have started to pull me out of this funk and put me back on the track to be me again. I like who I am... in fact, I love who I am and what I'm doing... I just need to get back to that person and back to living up to it. There have been little seeds planted that rechart my course in the right direction and recharge the batteries so I can keep going.
Thank you to all of you who have been particularly great over the past couple of months. I love you all more than you'll ever know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Is it okay that I say that I love that your blog posts are starting to be more personal. That's my favorite thing about a blog, getting to know someone better. Hope to see you in Richmond soon...I presume you will be at Kevin's sacrament meeting talk on the 19th? And maybe at the temple this weekend?
I'm going to pretend I had something to do with this :)
I agree though, good friends who fill you up are fantastic! I needed this post today, thanks for sharing :)
Get out of your funk PUGMIRE! That is all. I love you dearly.
Post a Comment