Yesterday was a perfect day, or at least perfect within current expectations. I won't go into too much detail about the specifics because I don't think this is the right venue, but I will tell you a little bit about why yesterday was perfect.
There's nothing like the peace that comes from the temple. I really needed it yesterday. It was great to be in the temple. It always is. The temple is the place where I always find and peace and solace from the world when I'm there and the answers just come easier. It was particularly wonderful to be there with my dad and with the folks from the ward. I loved seeing friends dressed in white all around.
Yesterday was perfect because it further affirmed my testimony of the priesthood. I have a testimony of priesthood blessings in general, but there's nothing like a father's blessing. It really was exactly what I needed on so many levels. Dad, thanks for being worthy, willing and close by. I love you and I'm so glad we get to be temple buddies while you're on the East coast with me.
I had a great event for work and even got to catch up with a couple of my friends at the event which was lovely, but that was just icing on the cake.
The last reason why yesterday was perfect is that I got to spend some time with some of my all time favorites from Arlington. It put my social circle back into perspective to have so many of the people I love and respect in the same room just being them self. We talked about how grateful we were to be friends, bore testimony of Heavenly Father's plan, laughed about things that have happened over the last couple years, sang some show tunes, and of course enjoyed great food. There's just something wonderful about good friends who bring out the best in you. I'm finding that they are extremely rare and makes me appreciate the ones I have even more.
The biggest difference about yesterday is that it was a stark contrast to the rest of my life lately. It wasn't rushed, I was surrounded by people I love and love me, I was at peace, and everything just seemed right. I'm sure reality will set in as I pull up my e-mail and the hustle and bustle comes back, but I'm approaching this week with renewed faith and renewed perspective. It's just a bit different now. My tank isn't on empty and I know that I can do everything that I'm asked to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love how my Blognation seems to all be writing about how wonderful the temple is :) I believe the trip's timing was inspired because so many of us needed it to be this past Saturday - long before we knew we were going to need it (if that makes sense).
I'm grateful that you were there too, and that you and your dad made me laugh right after I finished blubbering like a baby :)
Post a Comment