Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Crazytown.

It's amazing what a difference a day makes.

For about the last month I've felt like I was kidnapped and dropped into a small village ("we'll call it Crazytown") without any explanation of why I was there or how to get out. I had no map, no communication with the outside world and every person that I came across was incapable of rational thought. It was enfuriating, exhausting, trying, and a little bit depressing to not be able to fix the situation.

I don't see any value in hashing out any of the details, but it was definitely an experience that I hope to never experience again.

When I got home from work yesterday, I walked into my apartment apprehensively to see if in fact I was in my own home. It just felt good to find myself in my home with no reminders of that exhausting journey. I think the only way to describe it is that peace returned. I walked into my house and was engulfed in this feeling of peace and comfort. It's the kind of peace that endures everything and heals all wounds - it was exactly what was needed at that moment. The difference in my apartment was palpable. The difference in how I was able to sleep or rather, the fact that I was able to sleep at all, was soul cleansing. I feel a bit like I've taken my life back over and I can go back to being me again. Sure there are things that will need to be fixed or replaced, but the cost of doing that is minimal compared to the value of not dealing with all of that anymore.

2 comments:

Lildonbro said...

"Ding Dong"? ...sorry, song. Probably inappropriate so I won't finish it.

I was happy to see you last night, but I never even got to finish my story because you are so popular and got swarmed by your fan club.

Marissa said...

And by "swarmed by your fan club" do you mean Orin pseudo proposing? I liked that. I'm just waiting for the real proposal make it realy FBO... or him to make it FBO... either would be acceptable to me.

Storytime soon?