Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm a Work-a-holic...

This should come to little or no surprise to anybody who reads this blog... and certainly nobody who has seen me for any amount of time over the last decade... I am constantly working on something, constantly on my blackberry, constantly sending some kind of communique out into the world. It means I get a lot done in shorter periods of time because I've established relationships and protocol, but it also means I never shut off.

As I was driving down George Washington Parkway last night to the ward Thanksgiving dinner it really hit me. Picture me + Prius + Driving + Blackberry in hand = Awesome... Lindsey in all of her goodness texted me to give me a hard time for being on my blackberry for driving - she had pulled up beside me for most of the trip down to Mt Vernon. It happens a lot... in fact I dare say it is ALWAYS the case. I just can't shut down - there is always information out there. There is always some project that can be moved forward.

With this being my couple weeks of down time and deadlines for work being more loose I have no reason to be obsessed with my phone, email, or to be so worked up. Admittedly I am much more calm and I have let some things go, but I still haven't calmed down enough to actually let the crackberry addiction go or to stop working.

Maybe someday I'll be able to shut off...

1 comment:

Closer To Home said...

You have spent a lifetime learning how to deal with the need to make a difference. Over time, you will get to learn how to do that in may different situations. Think how important it will be to choose the best thing to make a difference in.