Monday, September 29, 2008

General Conference - 5 Days Away!

I am SO excited for General Conference this weekend! With the General Relief Society Broadcast this last weekend it was a big boost spiritually and a good warm up to the talks this coming weekend. For those of you who aren't Mormon we have a semi-annual meeting that is broadcast from Salt Lake City where the Prophet and President of our church speaks to everyone in the world along with the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. The Prophet and Apostles speak the word of God to the people of the Earth today and receives revelation on our behalf. You can find it on the BYU TV Channel, some major networks in predominantly Mormon Areas like Utah, Arizona, and Idaho or at a local LDS Meetinghouse. Check it out online here.

I lose track of time and forget sometimes when it's coming. I look forward to it every time, but sometimes life gets busy and a lot of things change between sessions. I'm usually not living in the same place, not on the same campaign, and usually have different things I am pondering. I have a lot on my mind for this week and I am excited to listen for answers to my prayers. It's great to have a Prophet on the earth today to speak to us about what we need.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I too am looking forward to General Conference. I especially liked Elder Uchtdorf's talk Saturday. There was some comfort that came from his talk. We all need some answers and hopefully they will come sooner than later.