Current Location: Medford, MA
Current Status: Cozy, Happy, and still looking...
So I woke up this morning to wet ground, a slight drizzle of rain coming down, and chilly temperatures. It made me SO happy. There really aren't many things that can instantly make me that happy, but I have so many fond memories of running and playing in the rain from Seattle that it makes perfect sense. Without neighborhood kids or recess to justify splashing in puddles or a soccer game to justify getting covered head to toe in mud - I decided the next best thing was to curl up with a warm bowl of soup and grilled cheese sandwiches near the window. I grabbed my biggest and warmest blanket from my bed, bundled up in sweats and winter socks, and grabbed the book I am currently working on. Days like this make me happy to be able to sit back and relax. I may be taking advantage of this far more than I should, but for some reason I am only partially feeling guilty. I work far too hard when the other part of my life is going full throttle, but I don't like being stagnant. Granted I may be going overboard and it really isn't cold enough to justify half of the bundling I have done, but it is happy and brings back lots of happy memories from previous homes.
I hope you are also experiencing the Fall storms wherever you are and can bundle up with some hot apple cider and a big cozy blanket as well! Sorry mom - you'll have to settle for 100 degree temperatures down in Arizona, but something tells me that you'll be just as happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment