As a note - I will be limiting the amount of political opinion on this blog only because it could become a problem with the fact that I work in politics and plan to continue to do so in the future. If you'd like to discuss the politics just e-mail me or call me - I'm open to the discussion, but it isn't going to get very deep or controversial in a public forum.
I watched the presidential debate last night with Senator McCain and Senator Obama - it was a joke. SO many lies between the both of them and they both seemed to be consumed by their prepped talking points. John McCain attacked more than Obama - which I thought was good because he didn't appear to be too aggressive, but it may be a problem that anti-war folks could see McCain as very aggressive and in turn obsessed with war. Obama came across as cool and charismatic, but still learning how to deal with foreign policy. He did better than I thought he would, but I am still partial towards McCain. I just don't think Obama has the right solutions for our economy. I'm not 100% sold on McCain, but I think what he will do will not turn our country down the road of socialism.
It'll be an interesting election year... I can't believe we're down to just over a month to go. I'll get involved at some level at some point, but I'm not sure how or where quite yet. I kind of like being separate from it, but still understanding the backside of what is happening. I don't want to leave politics quite yet, but I do like the break that I am not grasping for a breath or not sleeping right now. We'll see what this means for the future and what I will need to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment