Friday, September 26, 2008

Some pictures from the last couple months...

Seeing that I haven't posted my Boston happenings yet on here I thought I would post a few pictures and a few recaps of exploring New England and Back East...

I got out here three months ago and I worked nearly nonstop for the first two months, but did find time to take a trip down to New York City to visit Carolyn Quebe. We explored the city and played with friends down there. She really is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite people in the entire world. Now she needs to come up to Boston to visit and I definitely need to go back to New York to harass her some more... Enjoy the pictures from our adventures around the city...

Dinner in Chinatown the night I drove into town with friends from Carolyn's ward...

Me in front of the Manhattan Temple...

In front of the fountain in Central Park...

Carolyn's new running path - I am pretty sure this place was made for her...

Down in the financial district...

At Serendipity - one of the BEST places in the City...


I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Republican National Convention this year. I got to see so much and play with friends from work and to see all of the speeches. I'm of course partial to Governor Romney's but it was so much fun to be with friends. I even got to see Michelle and Troy and other Arizona friends.

Governor Romney giving his speech...

Mahoney, me, Bruce, Kelli, and Tim just after Governor Romney's speech

Governor Palin giving her speech...

Senator McCain coming out on stage to give his speech...

Mahoney and me with some of the folks in the Texas delegation...


I've had a chance to explore Massachusetts a bit as well - complete with a YSA clam bake, local historical sites and of course friends.

My first time trying New England Clam Chowder with Mahoney and Becca

Mahoney, Becca, me, Mindelynn, and Jost out to dinner...

The view of Boston from the Bunker Hill Monument

There were entirely too many stairs to get to the top of the Bunker Hill monument...

The statue at the Lexington Battle Green...

The Lobsters at the Clam Bake...

So red!

Some of the beach goers at the clam bake...

Jessica, my roommate, and me down in Plymouth

Me at Old North Bridge in Concord

Cassie and me at a lighthouse in Salem Harbor in Salem


All of the YSA's in New England gathered for a campout in Raymond, New Hampshire a week ago. Cassie and I had recently reunited and in turn made the most of the weekend to make lots of new friends and to play. We started off with breakfast in Portsmouth, NH on the coast - which was AMAZING! I highly recommend the Friendly Toast and the Almond Joy Pancakes in particular to anyone who finds themself in New England.

Almond Joy Pancakes and Cassie...

Rachel, Cassie, me and Adam

Out on a rowboat...

Lake Onway

The Boston Gang - Cassie, Michael, Amber, Adam, Jorge, (Girls from LP1 that I don't know in the back), Holly, Doug, and another girl.


And - On Wednesday a group of us went to the Red Sox game vs. the Cleveland Indians - we won 5-4 so that's great and we got to play with friends. Unfortunately Bryce is moving down to DC, but maybe I'll be closer to harass him soon. Anything is possible these days. Here are a few pictures from the game and around Fenway...

Anna, Christie, Cassie, Bryce, me, and Adam


My new Red Sox shirt - Dustin Pedroia because he's my parents' neighbor in Arizona

3 comments:

Kight Family said...

Marissa- I am so jealous you and Carolyn got to hang out in together in one of the coolest cities!!!! I wish I could have been there:) You also look like all you do is play with all your other friends. Whenever your in old Utah come and hang out!

John and Morgan said...

Such cute pictures, and I love your hair! So fun!

Tiffany said...

I love your pictures and notes about your adventures! What a fun time in your life!!! By the way, love your hair! The cut is really cute on you!!!