Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hope ya know...

Life is just hard sometimes. I know that seems obvious, but I think we forget that.

It's not about bad things happening to good people. That whole idea is just that we don't socially feel bad when bad things happen to bad people so we don't talk about it. We all go through trials and we all need trials in our life.

But sometimes we go through the peaks and valleys of life and we just need to face it. It takes faith. It takes patience. And it certainly teaches us far more than we ever thought we were prepared to learn.

The past couple of weeks (months?) have been hard. I don't know how to fully explain what has been hard about them other than to say that I've been on the road a lot and working more than full time in the office on top of that let alone taking on personal goals to reach out to those in need at church.

I was thinking last week and this talk kept coming to mind. I didn't expect the trials to be removed (I am a realist after all), but I did want someone to know that I was having a hard time.



The line comes from Elder Cook's son after a snowy drive across Donner Pass. I've done that drive and it brought me back to my time going back and forth between Reno and Sacramento during January/February of 2008.

Life has continued and I've had the opportunity to chat with more people and from lots of different industries, backgrounds, and level of confidence. More and more I find that we're all struggling right now. The economy is down. It's a time of transition. We're all burnt out through the winter months. Relationships are breaking up. Jobs are difficult. Our faith is being tested.

As we all struggle - tell someone. Fall to your knees and call on our Heavenly Father for help. There's no reason why we need to struggle alone. Sometimes we just need to tell someone "hope you know, we had a hard time."

5 comments:

Nicki said...

What a great thought. Thanks Marissa - I needed that right now. :)

Ash said...

Thanks for sharing that. "Hope ya know" how much I love you and appreciate you! I feel like I've been so focused on my own problems lately - so I'm sorry if I wasn't there for you when I could have been.

Amber Lanae- said...

Okay. I love you. Seriously...WHY WERE YOU NOT IN MY LIFE EARLIER!!

I loved this post! I love you most! :o)

Closer To Home said...

Hope ya know you can always call home. (But if it's after 10:30, I probably put the phone on silent and went to bed. Leave a message and I'll call you in the morning before you wake up. lol)

Love you!

Lildonbro said...

I agree, What a good post...LIKE