I've been telling Jessica for the last week that I had more than a dozen blog posts in the queue. I'm beginning to think that she may have just thought I was lying. I was not, but they still remain in the queue. Keep in mind these are in the basic idea outlined in a blog post phase not in the completed phase. I'd like to think that they would get done soon or promise that they will be done by a certain date, but that is just unreasonable at this point and I'd likely just let you all down.
So... a picture will have to suffice for now...
This is what my apartment living room currently looks like. We're moving on Friday and Saturday. We are soooo soooo sooo excited about it too! We're just moving across the Richmond metro area, but the place is bigger, nicer, and drama-free. It just might be a little bit of heaven. Seriously.
That is everything from every closet, cupboard, and room in our apartment the exception of about half of my bedroom - everything that Lori and I currently possess. My bedroom is always the hardest one to pack. I lose motivation by the time I get there typically. This time being no exception. The good news is that I'm almost done - just all of those pesky political handouts left to go through and a couple of bins from under my bed. Otherwise I'm completely packed and ready to go for Friday morning. That's just a big otherwise.
Between now and then is going to be a crazy one. This week has "Give me an IV of Dr. Pepper" written all over it. I'm beyond excited for the projects I'm working on right now, but I also know that free time and a full night's sleep will likely be a premium for the next couple of months. It feels good that a couple of things I've been working on for 2-2.5 years are finally coming to fruition (remember that time when I used to never have a job for longer than 4 months? Yah... me neither). It feels a bit like we're on the cusp of something great or that we're almost to the top of the mountain. The only real problem with that analogy is that this is merely the first (second, third, and fourth) of a long series of major hurdles... not just one single summit. It's a marathon. A long marathon, but a thrilling one too.
Even with all of that stress/sleeplessness I'm so exceedingly happy. It just feels good to be me and to be doing something that I love. I get paid to do the things that my friends do on their free time. And yes... that picture was taken by a political photographer friend on a sweaty (read: hot and HUMID) day at a pig pickin in the Shenandoah Valley about a month ago. It turned out to be a pretty fabulous day to staff the boss and take a several hour drive through the Valley. He sent the picture on this week and it seemed appropriate to share as well.
Have a lovely week! Hopefully internet will be securely hooked up on Friday afternoon at the new place and maybe I'll take a break from unpacking to post a picture or two from the move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I really love the pic. (not the one of boxes) I shows a very happy side of you.
Holy Hannah, your life is sitting in your living room! The big day is coming soon! And...I don't think you were lying exactly about the blog posts...:P
Post a Comment