Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's My Party...

The last time my birthday wasn't shortly after (or during) me moving was in the dorms. Yep... that was a long time ago. Note that a lot of the last couple of years have correlated with major moves.

20 - moved to the Enclave
21 - moved back to Provo from Phoenix
22 - moved to California from Reno
23 - moved to DC from Boston
24 - moved to Richmond from DC

Needless to say I'm more excited about bringing friends together than a normal birthday celebration. Sure, I'd love to just be able to send out an e-mail and have friends over to the house for a gathering, but most of my Richmond friends are my political folks and most of my personal friends are in DC.

The current plan - gather the work friends together for dinner one night early next week and a weekend evening with my NoVA folks to say hello at a friends house. More than anything I just miss spending time with folks that I love. I wish they lived closer to me here in Richmond, but I'm certainly making a start at the getting established thing. For some reason this year just isn't about me - kind of weird seeing that I struggle with that pride thing - but I'm happy.

3 comments:

LMemory said...

Wait! You're coming to NOVA to celebrate your birthday! Let me know when you're here, k? I bring you present...

Unknown said...

Ok...when was your birthday?! You know that even forget my mom's... Ah, I am so sorry!

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

And...i didn't realize that I was signed in as Don...haha. He told me that if I was going to comment as him, i had to make sure I didn't miss words, like the "I" that is supposed to be in that second sentence on the previous comment. :) I love you.