John and I have been engaged for a little over 3 weeks now and things are coming along swimmingly.
We have a date set for the wedding (June 7, 2013) now. The wedding was always going to be a sealing in the Washington DC LDS Temple, but we also have a location for the ring ceremony and reception that evening. Bonus in that the location also has a catering shop and a rental place so all of that is nailed down. Invite list is just about done being compiled (if you want an invite just send me your address). Save the dates have been chosen and proofs approved - those should be in the mail by the end of the month. Bridal Party and Groom's Party have been chosen and I'm just a hair away from sending the lucky ladies a little something in the mail. John and I already know where we're going on our honeymoon and we're starting to daydream now about the handful of days that we'll have without phones and without our laptops. I know generally what my wedding dress will look like, but trying to find it with sleeves and without costing an arm and a leg is a bit more difficult.
Considering it's only been 3 weeks... I think we're doing pretty great. It's also been more than a little bit like a whirlwind with both of us working political campaigns and living more than 120 miles apart. That means lots of late nights on the road and lots of time on skype to try and make up for the distance.
Next on the agenda is nailing down a photographer in the Baltimore or DC Metro areas, deciding on formal invitations, finding me a pretty dress and equally as foxy dresses for the bridesmaids, and of course, just enjoying being in love.
Any suggestions of people you've worked with in the past or advice in general can be left in the comments. Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am just so happy for you! Congrats dear, what an exciting time for you. I can't believe you have already managed to do that much stuff, but then again we already know you capable of amazing feats of organization :) I think you should come to Utah and find a dress...tons of dress stores, lots of choices with sleeves. Just fly in for a day or two and have a look around. You can stay at my house and have lots of fun...oh and nearly everything is available immediately so no worries about having to order things in months in advance(you know Mormons get married 3 days after they meet so they have to keep the dresses in stock). Good luck with everything. I am so happy for you!
That's so exciting! Let me know if you need any help with anything.
I don't have experience with photographers...here or in DC :( I know one in Alaska, and one in SLC - but I don't think they'll be much help out here.
Post a Comment