I have now gone 52 days without caffeine. I think that's a perfectly reasonable thing to celebrate and quite the accomplishment. A couple friends have asked me if I've had a celebratory Dr. Pepper now that Lent is over and I haven't.
Once I no longer craved caffeine and my body adapted to an altered energy fluctuation I made a subconscious decision to give up Dr. Pepper and caffeine for much longer than just Lent. I don't know that it's permanent and at some point I'm sure I'd enjoy a soda in a restaurant, but for now I'm staying caffeine free.
I have no need to add it in to my life again. It's not healthy. It messes with my sleep patterns. It's addictive. There's just no reason to add caffeine back in.
Happy Easter to all of you! For those of you who were participating in Lent I hope you learned a lot and that you had a positive experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You impress me! Gooooo you!
Go you!!
I gave up sweets once for Lent, and it was incredible--the first 2 weeks sucked hardcore, but after that, my body felt so much better. I didn't even want anything sweet.
I kept it up for a few weeks after Lent, but then I went to a party and someone offered me a dessert. Since I didn't have a good excuse, I just ate it, and bam. Sweets addiction back in force.
Good luck keeping off caffeine! <3
Good for you! I gave up soda at the beginning of the year for two months and once I was "allowed" to have it again I just didn't really want it. I rarely drink it anymore unless I get a serious Dr. Pepper craving :)
Thanks to all of you! Love you all!
Post a Comment