
Somehow it seems appropriate that the symbol of the Republican party is an elephant. Life regularly turns into a circus in my world... mostly because of the characters (queue the entrance of the clowns), the flashy theatrics (queue mass meeting and convention season) and most of all because there is often so much going on in a very chaotic world.
This week was a week of 5am wake up calls, 20+ hour days, and a seemingly neverending to do list. I came home exhausted and after a week on that schedule I hit my emotional breaking point. It wasn't so much that I snapped... more so it was a matter that I just collapsed.
Last night was my first night home before the sun went down since last week and I was tired, emotionally spent, and overwhelmed. I have had some simultaneously crazy productive days in there and have really been running like a full power train, but I just ran out of gas.
So... I came home last night, made dinner, and just passed out on the couch. I think I turned on some hulu, but more than anything it was some zombie time to shut my brain off for an hour or two. Sometimes I just need zombie time to check out and catch my breath.
Today, after a thankfully later start, was another whirlwind to do list day. The good news is that I'm already more than half way through that list and there's good signs of the other items being checked off before tonight.
If you all ever want a ticket to the circus, I'm offering front row seats to come along for the ride. It's an experience you'll never soon forget.
1 comment:
That's awesome about the picture. Sadness about the 20+ hour days....but I like your term "Zombie Time" I've taken way too much of that lately, but it's good to have a name with it :)
Post a Comment