I don't celebrate Lent. I don't think I entirely understand the religious implications of it for those that have it as part of their religious practice. I imagine it's something like the LDS Fast Sunday practices that we do on the first Sunday of every month.
So for Lent... or for some period of time starting now... I'm giving up Dr. Pepper. Conveniently I have no more cans in my fridge and I threw away my Super Big Gulp cup from my desk.
So... here goes nothing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hilarious! now you just have to stay away from all the convenience stations!
LOL
GOOD LUCK! One year during college I gave up all sweets for Lent--all desserts and everything with sugar or corn syrup in the first 5 ingredients. Yeah, that left like, peanut butter and pasta. It was a very bland 40 days.
But the worst part was going to parties around BYU, and having people serve dessert. "No, sorry, I gave that up for Lent... yeah... I'm a Mormon who does Lent..." LOL! Good times!
Good luck giving up good ole Dr. P. I'm sure your body will thank you!
I miss YOU like you miss DR. PEPPER!!! ;)
and by "how's it going?" (if I in fact said that - I can't see my last comment) I meant with the Dr. Pepper not in the "what's up?" kind of way. Though - I do care what's up...
Post a Comment