Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sometimes you just need to talk...

Sometimes you just need to talk.

Not to say that it does or doesn't matter who you talk with, but there are times when you are just bursting with something to say and you need a willing audience to put up with your ramblings and/or absurdly random stories (purely hypothetical of course. cough... cough)

I think we all have outbursts that we need to share with those around us. Perhaps that could come in the form of socialization, artistic expression, physical touch... whatever it is that emotionally energizes us. For me that's conversation and social interaction. I need people. I need to learn about people. I need to talk.

This is me to a "T". I am a talker. I'm fairly certain it is impossible to completely shut me up. I'm social and about as an extreme an extrovert as is possible. In fact, in college I took the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator test and I was scored a perfect 30/30 extrovert.

I do care who I talk to and I hope that those people are on gchat, return my texts, or answer their phones when I'm bursting with the latest from my stream of consciousness. I really, really hope the best friends are available. If/when they don't answer at obscure times I tend to break up small portions of the story or tidbit of information and give a sliver that can be appreciated by a more general audience. I feel like stories are a part of me so I don't like to share all of them with just anybody. So when the ones I hope for don't surface I will only open up partially the rest of the story to everyone else.

Tonight was one of those nights when I had so much on my brain that I had to get out that I wanted someone to respond. I wanted to share stories, thoughts, theories, and feelings from the last day. I wanted to talk about how everything ties together and how relationships matter. Instead I sat curled up in my bed gorging on the best salad known to man. That was also very enjoyable, but it only distracted me for a short period of time.

To all of you, what kind of things do you just need? Any emotional needs come in the form of outbursts? Am I completely alone in this?

3 comments:

Closer To Home said...

Hope things went well for you all at the temple last evening. It will be great to watch how all of that distills over the next couple of months. I left my phone on just in case you had a long dry drive home.

Amber Lanae- said...

Let's talk!

Lildonbro said...

I'm going to flatter myself and pretend this is directed at me :P

P.S. I made funfetti cupcakes for the fireside last night.

To answer your question, yes, sometimes I just need to talk to people. Sometimes I need to write. It all depends on what it is that is going on. I think that's what the question was - :|