Here's how it shaped up:
- See a live Civil War re-enactment - epic fail
- Visit at least 3 states I haven't been to before - 2/3 ain't half bad
- Fall in love - I should have clarified that I wanted to fall in love with a man this year... maybe next year this will work out better, although I did have a solid fling, does that count?
- Rock a hot bathing suit confidently at Duck Beach - check!
- Go to the temple for my own endowment - check!
- Cook at least twice a week - this is just funny... I wish! I 'm not even home 2 times a week
- Be a regular size 6 (without sacrificing my love of food) - I'm down to a regular size 8 and still losing weight so I'm okay with this
- Get my passport (and maybe even use it) - didn't even try
- Have no regrets this year - take a few calculated risks I wouldn't normally take - depends on the season, but I did start taking weekends and start living life a little more
- Explore Richmond and make it my home - I really do love this city now. I'm liking the ward and laying down roots = success!
- Be the cute, put together girl with style that I have always envied (this is a lofty goal... trust me) - means shopping, means doing the hair and make up - Somehow I think I started to pull this one off... who knew?
- Read my scriptures every morning - no matter what - It wasn't in the mornings... we'll keep this one on for next year
- Re-connect with at least one old friend per week - I reconnected with some friends, but it wasn't every week...
- Socialize non-politically at least once a week outside of church activities - nope. I wish.
- Date and Flirt always - There was a lot more flirting... I just wish it wasn't with so many old men at political meetings... JK JK - this did happen more than in the past
- Exercise at least three times a week or do something physical for my body - running the 1/2 in May, but the running is intermittent depending on my schedule... I may be actually crawling the 1/2, but it will be completed
- Build at least a 3 month supply of food storage and financial reserves - have almost 6 months of both... do I get 2 points for doubling my goal?
- Successfully make 2 souffles - one chocolate and one cheese - Umm... maybe this spring?
- Have a tea party - the drink kind... not the political... - didn't have time :(
- Read at least 3 books on Virginia history - colonial, civil war, and current - only read church and political books, but I did learn a lot this year about Virginia
- Get more facebook friends than Randy in our friendly Virginia competition by New Years (only real friends and real political folks) - Haven't talied it, but I did get almost 2,000 friends... does that count?
- Visit at least 75% of the Republican units in the state at least once - I visited a lot of them. I don't know the %, but it's more than 50% and if you include CRs, YRs, and RW clubs then I'm doing really well
- Learn how to say no and do so when I should - I think this is a lifelong goal for me...
- Do 1 act of service everyday - Not everyday... we're still working on that
- Run a 5k (Eeps!) - Regularly run more than 5K, but won't do an actual race until the 1/2 because the Monument 10K is the same day as State Central
1 comment:
My kind of goals and goal achievement. Gradual, genuine, but always there to stretch you.
I lay claim to having a tea party with you. That's my new goal. Drink tea with Marissa. Before Duck Beach.
Post a Comment