To all of my running friends (and music savvy folks too):
I am in search of good running tunes. I figure the appropriate kick off to this delusion that I'm running a half marathon with my sister, Colleen, has got to be filled with epic music to get me going or at least dancing on the treadmill.
Yes... you read correctly... and for those of you on facebook you heard about a week ago... Colleen and I and a few other friends are running the Marine Corp Half Marathon in May in Fredericksburg, VA. It means she gets to fly across the country and visit me and means that my loving father gets to take as many pictures as possible so that we glean out the ones where we don't look like we're dying, fat, cussing, or in other ways not showing our best side. For the record, I have only good sides, but I worry about Colleen (I kid... I kid...).
So for all of you runners/music folks... what songs should I add to my running play list?
Up to this point all of my running was done before work with Morning Joe on the tv in the gym at my apartment complex. My roommate liked to come with me to laugh at my slightly out of breath, but still yelling politically astute things at the tv running mantra. It's quite a show... so for all of you Virginians feel free to stop by and take a gander.
All help is appreciated (I'm looking at you Colleen, Carolyn, and Becca although your list is uber helpful from your blog).
XOXO,
Marissa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That depends what kind of music so you like? I know you like Jazz but I'm not sure if that would cut it. I like jazz too but I don't think I could run to it.
Alyson, Right now I'm thinking anything that makes you want to dance. I figure if it motivates me to shimmy it might make me want to finish the race at mile 10 or finish up training for the day. What did you like listening to on your 10k? So proud of you for doing that! And even in the uber cold temperatures in Canada - I'm impressed to say the least!
My first immediate thought is...Nelly "Number One". I'll get back to you with a complete list. However, that is a MUST! Yay!
Post a Comment