Friday, January 22, 2010

In the last two months...

I moved to Richmond,
slept on a lot of friends' couches (some floor sleeping too),
visited family and celebrated Christmas with the family,
Caught up with these lovely folks while in Phoenix,
danced in Times Square on New Years Eve with some new foreign friends (British and Chinese),
caught up with Carolyn in Manhattan,
started a new job (a promotion at that),
Got to sit in the gallery during 2 State of the Commonwealth addresses (Kaine's last, McDonnell's first),

became rather smitten with a Southern Gentleman,
decided not to date (still figuring this one out),
celebrated the Inauguration of the next Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia,
danced and enjoyed two Inaugural balls (Sterling, please send pictures from the first one. The photog got a picture of you teaching me how to dance - will send as soon as I get it from our staff),
Update: The Other Inaugural Ball
and am just now opening a new leaf of stability in my life.


Sorry I abandoned this blog... I need to go back and write down all of the adventures that have been going on, but at the time I just wasn't online as much nor did I have much downtime or stability to make that happen. From here on out - I should have a bit more of those things in my life.

I have one more office move and one more personal move to get through (then I will never move again - or at least for a VERY long time). Work is settling down to a more sustainable routine and I'm really enjoying it. Sunday I'll move my records to the new ward and I'm starting to make non-political friends here in Richmond. It's a whirlwind... but at least the storm is calming down...

3 comments:

jenni said...

It looks like you're doing well, Marissa. What a cute picture with the kids at the top! Are those nieces and nephews?

jocie said...

I think you should call me so that we can catch up on all of this in detail. Just a suggestion...

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Ah, what a great update post! Does Mr. Southern Gent read your blog? You look fantastic in those pics ;)